Join the Book Tour for Taking Yourself Seriously: Processes of Research and Engagement by Peter Taylor and Jeremy Szteiter (The Pumping Station, 2012)—a “field-book of tools and processes to help readers in all fields develop as researchers, writers, and agents of change.”
At each “stop” (conference call) on the tour Peter or Jeremy spend 5 minutes to introduce themselves, the key “4Hs” theme, and one of five vignettes from the book:
- Phases of Research and Engagement
- Action Research Cycles and Epicycles
- Making space for taking initiative in and through relationships
- Four Rs of developing as a collaborator
- The many Rs of personal and professional development
Then participants are led through a 30-50 minute process involving writing, reflecting, speaking, and listening to make connections with their own work (http://bit.ly/FivePhase).
* Conveners volunteer to find at least five people who will join a conference call at an agreed-on time (9am-9pm, any day, subject to confirmation), then post that time, the skype names or phone numbers of the participants, and their vignette preference. At the time of the event, the book tour organizers initiate the call (from skype name newssc1) and provide the link to the visuals for the introduction. Afterwards they send the convener a free copy of the book.